When you first get installed, your wireless network is setup to broadcast on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands simultaneously. This setup usually provides the best tradeoff between network-speed and range.
If you would like to change this configuration, follow the steps below. Alternately, you can give us a call and we'll be happy to update your wireless network configuration for you remotely from our end.
- Navigate to common.net and log into your dashboard
- Click 'Edit' on the existing WiFi network you would like to modify
- You will see a module where you can select the radio frequency you would like your network to broadcast on
Note: You will not be able to split your wireless network if it will exceed the capacity of your access point.
- Ubiquiti Unifi access point: maximum of 4 networks can be broadcast at the same time.
- TP-Link access point: maximum of 2 networks can be broadcast at the same time.