Your internet-enabled devices is trying to connect to your wireless network using your previous network name and password. Navigate to the 'WiFi settings' on your device, and remove the existing password details of your network (Apple device instructions, Android device instructions). You should now be able to re-connect to the network with the updated network name/password.
Articles in this section
- Why should I choose Common over another providers?
- What download and upload speeds does Common Networks offer?
- I'm loving the service, but how do I change my network name (SSID) and/or password?
- How do I create a new wireless network?
- What kind of pricing / tiers do you offer for small businesses?
- My router equipment is listed as either 'Disconnected', or 'Unknown' on my dashboard. What should I do?
- How do I split my wireless network into 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio frequency bands?
- How do I create a guest network?
- Help! I changed my WiFi name and/or password, and now I can't connect to the WiFi network from my laptop or mobile phone
- I have forgotten the password for my wireless network. How do I retrieve it?