Because our service relies on line of sight, a rooftop installation is required. If you are not the property owner at your location, landlord permission for a rooftop installation is necessary to complete the installation process. If your landlord does not seem receptive to the idea of a rooftop installation or would like further information about our installation process, we would be happy to speak with them to address any questions or concerns they may have. Please have them submit a support ticket on our website and a Common Networks representative will be in touch with them shortly.
Articles in this section
- My landlord/property manager has more questions about your installation and setup process, do you have someone that can speak to them?
- I’m a renter, can my landlord/property manager prohibit me from getting your equipment installed?
- I live in a multi-unit building, how will you get to the roof?
- I live in a multi-unit building, can I still get your service?
- I don't have roof access. Can I install your equipment somewhere else?