Because our service relies on line of sight, a rooftop installation is required. If you are not the property owner at your location, landlord permission for a rooftop installation is necessary to complete the installation process. If your landlord does not seem receptive to the idea of a rooftop installation or would like further information about our installation process, we would be happy to speak with them to address any questions or concerns they may have. Please have them submit a support ticket on our website and a Common Networks representative will be in touch with them shortly.
Articles in this section
- Do you have to install an additional mount with antennas for each unit getting your service in a multi-unit building?
- I live in a multi-unit building, how will you get to the roof?
- I live in a multi-unit building, can I still get your service?
- I don't have roof access. Can I install your equipment somewhere else?
- Do you offer a self-installation option?
- Where should I keep my wireless access point?
- What should I expect from an installation?
- What equipment needs to be installed at my home?
- What do the antennas / masts look like?
- Can I use my own wireless router or do I have to use the provided router?