Our Internet service provides speeds of 75Mbps (megabits per second) symmetrical. Most streaming services typically require about 4-5Mbps to stream seamlessly on a single device, meaning that on our network you should have no trouble streaming video on multiple devices at the same time with zero buffering or speed issues. One caveat to this statement would be 4K video streaming which requires significantly more bandwidth than standard HD video. 4K video usually requires roughly 20-25Mbps to stream seamlessly. However, based on the average speeds across our network, you should still have no trouble watching 4K video in your home on 1-2 devices simultaneously with a Common Networks connection.
Articles in this section
- My landlord/property manager has more questions about your installation and setup process, do you have someone that can speak to them?
- What does "latency" mean?
- Do you have a network status page or outage map?
- I don't live in Alameda, CA. When can I expect your service to be available in my town?
- What kind of pricing / tiers do you offer for small businesses?
- Why should I choose Common over one of the big providers?
- Does the weather effect your wireless signal or equipment?
- Is your service fast enough for video streaming?
- Do you offer phone or cable TV service?
- Do you offer a public IP address?